Skip to main content

Twitter Jail

It’s interesting what Twitter has become. It lies like Individual #1. It accuses others of TOS violations which are nothing but a bunch of bunk, something that is violated by Individual #1 on a daily basis, yet he is never called on it. Yes, they’ve turned to violating our freedom of speech but not his. Let me make this somewhat short and sweet as the saying goes.

A little back story, I tweeted along with others from my state in an effort to convince our governor to sign something into law. The actual tweet was this: “Hey, hey, hoe, hoe, dark money has got to go! Please sign #AB201 & #SB47 Petition #DISCLOSEAct to #StopSecretMoney @CAgovernor @GavinNewsom! SIGN PETITION: http://bit.ly/sign-ab201-sb47-4." This was Twitter’s response to this tweet: “Your account @bluwndzdancing has been locked for violating Twitter Rules. Specifically for: Violating Our Rules against hateful conduct. You may not promote violence against, threaten, or harass other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identify, religious affiliation, age, disability, or serious disease.” I was given the option of deleting the tweet (which Twitter has already done without notifying me that they have (I asked a friend to look to see if it was still there. It’s not). I saw that through screen shots of my Twitter feed. They also said this: “Please note that the repeated violations may lead to a permanent suspension of your account. Proceed to Twitter now to fix the issue with your account.”

Twitter allows what appears to be the same amount of characters to appeal their decisions. They don’t explain their decision. They also claim that some of their “accounts are not monitored yet I’ve written to the same address more than once, including when I created my appeal. They just say that it stands basically. How can someone mount a defense with 280 characters? Then they act without discretion falsely accusing folks like me. Today I responded to an account that I had responded to a day or so ago. I never received anything in response to that, but today when I sent my response to their decision that stated the following: 

"Amazing. You know very well that you allow that guy in the White House to violate what you’re accusing me of that does nothing of the kind, but that he does on a daily basis. That’s really shameful, and a double standard. And the thing is you know it.

"Interesting that you don’t even provide any info that shows how that tweet does what you claim it does. You haven’t and you know it doesn’t. You are violating my first amendment rights. This too is really sad. I’ll have to think about if I even want to be on your platform. I wonder how many others have been falsely accused. It makes me feel like I’m on a the throw back to Nazi Germany. Happy New Year. And if you don’t understand why I’m saying that, there’s no point explaining. You don’t know what it means to listen."

I will say this. I could follow their directive to make them happy, but that goes against everything I’ve ever been taught to stand up for myself when falsely accused. It's not even worth the effort to go in an delete the account. I'm sure they will at some time i they haven't already. So it's xiao to Twitter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALL PIPELINES 10/20 - STOP GENOCIDE & it’s not in Gaza/Ecosystem Attack/StandWithUkraine/climate/Human Rights/ProtectSacred Sites

Love the byline. This is one of many things that stand out in this op-ed: “The latest collision between [Felon47’s] misrepresentation and reality came in a unanimous 7th Circuit per curium opinion upholding the U.S. District Court’s opinion finding that there was no legal basis for National Guard deployment in Chicago.” Yup, that convicted felon is losing again: " Put differently: Government lies to the country will not fly in court.” Too bad they don’t call the felon out on ALL his lies as well as those of his uh regime. This is a good read that we need to see whenever this corrupt regime attacks its citizens. Too bad the SCOTUS is just as corrupt as this regime. Strong opening sentence in the conclusion.  - The 7th Circuit rejects lies about Chicago The possibilities of what you can do over these next 15 days is given right underneath a picture from this weekend. Really don’t care if that incompetent, unhinged, misogynistic thang loses his temper. He isn’t worth squat IMO. Anywa...

ALL PIPELINES 10/13 - STOP GENOCIDE & it’s not in Gaza/Ecosystem Attack/StandWithUkraine/climate/Human Rights/ProtectSacred Sites

Of course the village idiot is blaming the Dems for this shutdown when in fact it’s him and his chicken party is what is responsible, always has been. IMO he’s trying to divert attention from this with what is happening in the Middle East. If this corrupt regime is not placing back pay now on the GOP in Congress, he’s looking to switch responsibility to them. Guess what, fool. It doesn’t work that way. We KNOW who’s responsible who is really incapable of governing. Remember this always. Post it somewhere so you remember who is responsible for this stuff we’re all going through with the shutdown: “They’ve worked so hard to have us forget about the Epstein files and what they contain [I haven’t so I doubt it’s working elsewhere]. Let’s make sure they don’t do that.” Btw, WE are the focus of what the Dems want to pass. Many of us, especially those in Jersey are hoping the arguments heard today will disqualify U.S. Attorney Alina Habba. This is a good read. - The Week Ahead  Interestin...

ALL PIPELINES 10/21, 23 - STOP GENOCIDE & it’s not in Gaza/Ecosystem Attack/StandWithUkraine/climate/Human Rights/ProtectSacred Sites

This stands out: " we are living in the 'against stupidity we have no defense' era.” What would happen if we had PMQs. I miss those like Thatcher. The examples given remind us of what democracy looks like. IMO this is factual: " Most of our politicians, regardless of party, couldn’t handle the intellectual preparation that PMQs requires.” I most definitely agree with this, and I doubt I’m the only one who believes this: " Imagine Convicted Felon Trump having to weekly defend the appropriateness … of EVERYTHING HE IS DOING. He would sink like the Titanic.” Actually, IMO he already IS sinking, has been for quite some time as he falls apart.  Interesting read & videos from Katie Phang. -  A Call to ORDER! You know who was in office in 2017. What good did he do for the country then? Btw, that’s a rhetorical question. And I’m pretty sure you’lll agree that he will have issues with this program. After all he thinks the climate crisis is a hoax. A lot of these doula...